Saturday, January 29, 2011

We are all alike, we are all different

Happy 16 month birthday!! You are both so entertaining!! As you both grow it becomes more evident how alike you are but also how different you both are!

Finley:

  • Weight: 22 lbs 15 oz
  • Height: 30 7/8 inches
  • You have become quite the little copy cat!
  • You are continuing to surprise me with new words everyday…”mommy” (finally), “bye bye”, “no no no” (she is imitating this as I am saying it a lot more these days!), “movie” (okay so they only watch in the car…I feel like I am a safer driver knowing they are content!), “milk”, “shoes”, “socks”, “yucky” and more that I can’t think of right now!
  • You are “Miss Independent” as the church nursery staff calls you! So far you really enjoy going to the church nursery!
  • You can throw quite the fit when mean mommy takes something away that is not safe (arch back fall to the floor kinda fit).  You will learn quickly that former preschool teacher mommy can ignore such fits!!  (So far it hasn’t happened in public so I may retract the previous statement!)
  • When I say wiggle…you wiggle and giggle!!

Zane:

  • Weight: 22 lbs 15 oz
  • Height: 29 1/2 inches
  • I love watching your dancing moves! You love to bounce and stomp your little feet!
  • You LOVE to be chased..you walk backwards with a sly little smile and then you just giggle when we catch you!!
  • You are saying “uh-oh”,  “ball”, “bow” (since I am always asking Finley where her bow is, it has become a fun game for us all?!?), “water”, he signs “eat” (of course) and “all done”.
  • You are going through a little separation anxiety right now and you down right hate it are not too fond when we leave you at the church nursery.  I am adding activities to our weekly routine to get us out and experience different environments to hopefully help this issue! Love you tons!
  • Zane got a new pair of kicks…the cutest little New Balance shoes. He looks so grown up in them!

 

They have just transitioned to one nap! I had heard horror stories of how difficult the transition is.  I don’t know if I am incredibly lucky or if this is the calm before the storm but you have done fabulously well! I think you were so ready for the change! We are staying busy in the morning and now can get out again in the afternoon!

We had their second ear infection…ugh!

You both are still great eaters. 

 

Finley and Zane eating a snack in the church nursery!

IMG_0565

IMG_0571  IMG_0567

2 comments:

Kelley Loredo said...

Congrats! It's amazing how much time has passed! Just yesterday you were preggers with them - I swear! They are beautiful beautiful kiddos - am so happy for you guys! Does it all seem like a blur? They are about to start talking so much - it just gets better and better and better... Love the pics of your remodel, too - how fun!

Courtney said...

Oh they are just so cute, Suzanne. Can't picture Riley this big yet! But I know he will be before I even realize how much time has gone by.