Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First day of Preschool...ever!

So I have to admit as ready as I was to have a few hours to myself, I was pretty nervous about today! Judging from past experience, leaving Finley and Zane with people they do not know has not gone very well...at all.

Drop off went better than I expected...I gave them each a kiss, told them I loved them and said I'd be back later, then I walked out. Not sure that they realized I was leaving which I was okay with!

After parent orientation we walked by their room and heard no crying...whew. Then as I was walking out the door I heard sweet Zane crying but only for a few seconds. As I peeked in the window I saw that his teacher was holding him and they were getting ready for snack. I decided that I should leave so I did and ran about 20 errands when I would typically only be able to do about 2 of those errands with 2 toddlers...crazy how much you can get done!


When I picked them up they were happy which is all I can ask for!! Got a good report from their teachers although they did not like the transition to the playground, and did not like diaper changes (nah, really?!?!). Overall a great first day!

Oh, Sarah and I signed up to be co-room moms...fun! So I was excited to put together a fun little First Day Survival Kit for the teachers...got the idea from Pinterest!


Fun little items included minus the water, advil, and chocolate! I had most of the items already so it was an easy little gift to put together!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my, they look so big. Cute pics and really great idea for the teachers!

Amy said...

Those pictures are priceless! Just made my day!

I am so glad that you will get a few hours to yourself, and so excited that Finley and Zane are starting their first experience with school! :)