Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I will survive!

The time is coming…when the grandparents will not be here.  My mom is leaving next week and I am dreading the day! Grace will come back to help for a little bit then we will need to survive on our own!

My mom ran an errand for me and this is what she found when she returned…

IMG_0314

What do you do when both babies are crying at the same time and you’ve fed them?  You put one in the sling and hold the other one and start walking.  I guess they really enjoyed the closeness because the fell asleep almost immediately! Boy was I quick to hand one off when my mom came home! Although I love to snuggle with them, it isn’t easy carrying them both around at once!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

you look really good. since everyone is leaving i guess this means it's time for the friends to visit!!!

Kelley Loredo said...

What an amazing picture! you will be so glad you have it, bc at some point, you will realize that they are too big to hold like that. I still have to carry both of mine up and down the stairs from time to time and it's definitely a challenge. In the beginning, they are squirmy and can't support themselves. Later, they are just too darn heavy. Yes - you will survive and in the end, it will all be a blur. Hang in there!

Kira Willingham said...

AMAZING!! That actually looks quite snuggly. Kind of makes me want to sleep.

Lindsey said...

Sounds like it is time for you, me and Jolyn to get together! I need to get out of this house-- I can't believe it has been six weeks since we were in the hospital. Doesn't it feel like an eternity. Can't wait to see you!

Elisabeth said...

You're going to have amazing biceps!!!

Heather said...

It gets easier as they get older. The first three days of this week I was on my own with the boys instead of going into the office. I think I got the hand of feeding them their bottles at the same time, which is a lot easier now that they are older. It was so hard trying to do that when they were little.

Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I am sure glad that you were into 'WEIGHT LIFTING" (In your "former'life!! You still look great---and I'm sure you realize how much the babies have grown!!! Wow!! I think you'll be surprised at how much you can do--and maybe some 'old" friends can come by and carry around one of those cute little snuggleies!!

Kira Willingham said...

oh and BTW, you look gorgeous. Twin Motherhood totally agrees with you!